As experts in South Asian cuisine, we have judged and rated some of D.C.’s well-known and unknown establishments. Ambiance, service, cleanliness, and food quality are taken into account. Hence, we are proud to group the nominees into three categories and pronounce a winner for each one respectively.
Stars (4 to 5)
- Rasika – Washington, D.C.
- Bombay Club – Washington, D.C. (Winner)
Stars (3 to 4)
- Tandoori Nights – Gaithersburg, MD
- Bollywood Bistro – Fairfax, VA (Winner)
- Angheethi – Leesburg, VA
- Rangoli – South Riding, VA
- Ascot – Washington, D.C.
- Jaipur – Fairfax, VA
- Taj of India – Washington, D.C.
- Indique – Chevy Chase, MD [Added 3/09]
Stars (1 to 2)
- Ravi – Arlington, VA
- BBQ Delight – Manassas, VA (Winner)
- Merzi – Washington, D.C.
- Aabshaar – Springfield, VA
- Food Factory – Ballston, VA
Surprising Fact: The owner of Bombay Club and the owner of Bollywood Bistro both worked at the Taj Mahal Hotel (Taj Mansingh) in Delhi.
Credit: Powers and Crewe Photography via Freeman PR