Kazan: McLean, VA
- Taste: Excellent.
- Service: Good.
- Decor: Traditional
- Pricing: Above Average/Expensive
- Would we return? Yes. The owner greeted our party at the end. He started out at Nizam’s, but his restaurant (Kazan) has expanded three times over 15 years.
Hunters Head Tavern: Upperville, VA
- Taste: We ordered an appetizer to share between a party of three; sweet potato fries. But the wine was excellent and the bartenders filled the glasses to the rim. Not often seen in other restaurants.
- Service: Good. Your first order must be placed at the bar for both food and beverages.
- Decor: Tavern-like
- Pricing: Above Average
- Would we return? Yes. The drive into Upperville is amazing as you pass through farms and wineries.